1. Wedding Event Rentals - What You Need to Know
Learn the language! Become familiar with these common wedding terms and important details.
- Tabletop - linens, napkins, plates, glasses, flatware.
- Linens- decor used to cover and drape tables.
- If your event is outdoors you may want to consider reserving a canopy, umbrellas or heaters, depending on the time of year, time of day, and possible weather.
- If your ceremony and reception are at one location can you use the same chairs for both purposes? If so, be sure to schedule someone to move them from the ceremony site to the reception area and consider that expense.
- Check with your site manager as to what rentals you may need. Don’t forget to consider the time of day and year as you think about what may be needed - heaters, tents, umbrellas and lighting.
- Cotton and polyester linens generally cost the same, but cotton tends to looks nicer.
TIP: Rentals can seem daunting. Check with your caterer to see if they will manage or handle this important detail for you.
2. Ask Yourself about Rentals
What is important to you?
Do you want to spend more for specialty tabletop items or are standards rentals ok?
Do you have a vision of the items you want preset on the table?
How important are the chairs for the ceremony and reception? Is there a particular style you want or need?
Do you have an idea for seating of the bridal party? Head table, sweetheart table, or sitting with family?
Would you prefer traditional round tables with linens or specialty table shapes possibly not needing linens?
TIP: Your options are endless. But remember, specialty items add up quickly!
3. Ask your Rental Company
Do you have standard linens and specialty linens-silk, patterns, textured?
When do you need a final guest count?
Will you review my catering contract and let me know if there are any items I may not realize I need to rent?
What is your policy regarding missing or damaged items after the wedding?
What are my delivery options? What is the delivery fee?
TIP: Key differences to note between rental companies are delivery windows, minimum order amounts, and the total cost.