1. Wedding Lighting & Decor - What You Need to Know
Learn the language! Become familiar with these common wedding terms and important details.
- Pinspot - a spotlight producing a narrow, focused beam of light used to illuminate a very small part of a stage.
- String lights – Single bulbs hanging from cables to add ambiance and elegance. Also called bistro or market lights.
- Color wash - a blanket of colored light covering an entire area creating a wash of color and light.
- Gobos - stencils put over a light projecting a design or pattern.
- Lighting can dramatically change the look and feel of your venue. It is a great way to transform a space from ordinary to extraordinary.
- Some venues will require lighting if your event is outdoors and will extend into evening hours. Sting lighting is a great option to consider.
- Confirm with your site manager the available power and circuits or arrange for a generator to be sure your lighting vendor has adequate power.